Thursday, June 28, 2012

Commitment


The truth is, probably the main reason I put off starting a blog for so long was because I was afraid of the “C” word. It seemed like a tough commitment to continue to post regularly, and the last thing I wanted to do was to begin something and then “fail” at it. But I’ve thought about it a little further. It’s not like writing papers for school, where I have to do research before painstakingly forming sentences about a topic I am not excited about. This blog is supposed to encompass my life. I am committed to: training for track and cross country, getting a college degree, my family and friends, my relationship with Christ, living a healthy life. If I am blogging about all these things that I’m already committed to and constantly thinking about, then is blogging really a tough commitment? I don’t think so! Albeit, I won’t hold myself to any certain schedule. This shouldn’t be so hard after all.

Today’s smoothie that powered my 8-mile run:
¼ of a cucumber
½ of an avocado
a stalk of celery
a cup of watermelon
2 kiwis
2 handfuls of blueberries
¼ cup of almond milk
a scoop of Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer (natural flavor)

No comments:

Post a Comment