Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hello July

It sure is heating up around here! This morning's run was the sweatiest yet and afterward I spent $1.75 on a homemade ice bath. I've been lazy and spending most of the time inside the air-conditioned house, but I am looking forward to this month. This week, I'm adding more miles to my summer running routine. My family will be attending 2 weddings. Mom, Dad, and I are preparing for a small triathlon on the 21st. After that, I'm hoping to take a one-night camping trip with my brother to Birmingham, which will entail a challenging run in Oak Mountain State Park. Oh, and I turn 22 this month! Tonight, we are kicking off July with dinner on the grill: ribs, black bean burgers made by me, and corn on the cob. I'll be watching the last night of the Olympic Track Team Trials on TV. The Olympics could not have come at a better time. Just the inspiration I needed to fire me up for my last year running at FSU.

This morning's smoothie was one of my more simple ones:
1/2 an avocado
a handful of strawberries
a handful of raspberries
a scoop of Vega vanilla almondilla energizing smoothie
spoonful of maca
1/2 cup almond milk
Served in a frosty mug with a mint chocolate JD Bar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment