Sunday, August 12, 2012

Episcopaddling


If given the opportunity to purchase a lotto ticket, you should do it. If given the opportunity to go canoeing with 40 Episcopalians, do it. And if given the opportunity to jump off a rope swing into a river, even if you are not wearing a swim suit, do it! That is all.

Yesterday I had a great adventure at Elk River with church friends. I started with this smoothie. I actually had it planned for a few days, ever since my mom brought home pears from the store. Once I finally made it and tried it, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t done it sooner, because it was sooo good! This one's definitely going to be repeated. Try it out!

1 pear, roughly chopped
1 frozen banana
1 handful ice cubes
1 scoop Vega One, Vanilla Chai flavor*
1 spoonful spirulina
1 spoonful minced ginger
1 cup soy milk

*Note on my smoothie recipes: Ever want to try out one of my posted “recipes”, but are missing one or a few of the ingredients? Make it anyway! With most of them, you can leave a few things out, or substitute something else in, and it won’t matter. For example, in this one, any protein powder could be used instead of the Vega One powder, or perhaps just a handful of oats, pinch of cinnamon, and a bit of honey. The spirulina could be omitted entirely, or replaced with a handful of spinach. Also, I don't exactly measure anything, just kind of throw it in, so weather you want to measure or just eyeball things is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment